We require 3 chalet hosts for the Aravis Lodge and 1 Chalet host to work in Samoens with our hostess Caroline.
All our Chalet Hosts need to have a welcoming attitude and a good eye for detail; and list cleanliness, friendliness and flexibility as strong points. You will be a main point of contact for guests, so you must be able to build good relationships with the customers and assist them in all aspects of their skiing holiday.
One of the principal responsibilities of the Chalet Host role is the serving, delivery and clearing of all meals in the chalet - including the washing up! In the Aravis Lodge we serve dinner for up to 45 guests, chalet-style, all at the same time. Therefore we are looking for people who have worked in restaurants with 40 covers or more; restaurant waiting experience is essential in this role and other customer service experience is also desirable. Chalet Caroline sleeps up to 12 so there is less ‘restaurant’ style waitressing but all the above qualities are still required. Any Food Hygiene qualifications that you have would be useful too. Enthusiasm for working in a fast-moving, dynamic, chalet kitchen environment supporting professional chefs is most important. Full training will be given.
In addition the role will encompass the management and cleaning of the cafe and dining room areas - you will also be expected to play a key role in supporting the domestic / housekeeping team on changeover days. This will involve cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms to tight deadlines.
You can generally expect an early start for breakfast but would be finished by mid-morning, followed by the afternoon off. Evening duties of afternoon tea and dinner service will complete your day. Changeover days (Mondays and Thursdays) are busier due to the housekeeping aspect involved. A full day off is taken midweek. You will receive a competitive monthly salary. Your accommodation will be a comfortable and spacious apartment close to the lodge and will be fully furnished and equipped.
In summary your job will include, but is not limited to:
- Serving and clearing breakfast 6 days a week including washing up
- Serving and clearing afternoon tea on rota throughout the week
- Preparing the dining room for dinner, laying tables etc, 6 days a week
- Serving, clearing dinner and washing up after dinner 6 days a week
- Cleaning and tidying the dining room, café area, bar, stairs and hallways on a daily basis
- Clearing down and cleaning the front of house area of the kitchen after service
- Helping housekeeping on changeover days in addition to your normal jobs. This will include jobs such as bathroom cleaning, dusting, bed-making and hoovering
- Being on hand as the first point of contact for guests and helping them with any queries or questions they may have at any point during their stay with us
- Various other small domestic-related jobs relating to the guest, dining room or service area
- Taking guests on evening entertainments including snow shoe walks and sledging.
NB – the chalet host role may be required to drive the guests around resort from time to time so a full clean driving licence is desirable. Experience driving minibuses is a bonus but not essential.
To apply for this role please see the Application Page.