Our chef couple, or friends, must be an experienced team used to working together; with a creative flair and a true passion for delicious, hearty food.
We feed up to 45 guests, 6 days a week in our ski lodge, over a period of 18 weeks. The meals we serve include a 3 course dinner with wine, breakfast and afternoon tea and cakes. This means that good preparation is essential in the kitchen in order for you to deliver the meals on time and make the most of your time out on the slopes between meals.
You will need to prepare a delicious 6-day menu whilst ensuring the quality of meals is to the highest standard at all times. Our returning guests, of which we have many, have all appreciated high quality delicious food in the past and will expect to do so again. We like using fresh, local produce whenever possible, giving our chefs free rein to source the best local stock within budget.
You must be used to working within a budget, organising your own time and planning your days based around meal preparation. Whilst working closely with the front of house staff and others within the team, this is quite an autonomous role too, allowing you to bring your own flair and personality to it.
You need to be able to cope with dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan, allergies etc as these are becoming more common place amongst our guests.
In summary your job will include, but is not limited to:
- Serving breakfast every day (one fixed option plus porridge) to supplement cereals, fruit, breads and spreads that are also on offer
- Baking cakes for afternoon tea every day
- Cooking a 3-course dinner for up to 45 people 6 days a week (plue seperate kids meal when required)
- Cooking a basic but nutritious and healthy meal for staff who eat before the guests
- Cleaning down the kitchen after use, including floors, surfaces, utensils etc
- Costing and ordering supplies, shopping for supplies, managing stock levels and running the kitchen on budget
- Working closely with the office team to determine numbers, dietary requirements etc on a daily basis
- Working closely with the front of house kitchen team to ensure good relations and a good working atmosphere within the kitchen at all times.
A full day off is taken midweek. You will receive a very competitive monthly salary plus lift pass. Your accommodation will be a comfortable apartment close to the lodge and will be fully furnished and equipped.
A clean driving licence between you is highly desirable as it will allow you to do the shopping yourselves using one of our vehicles.
A qualification in Food Hygiene, good working knowledge of commercial kitchen health and safety and a proven track record in the relevant field are all desirable for this role.
For this role we will require a 6 day working week through winter. We will provide your accommodation and food whilst working as well as plenty of other benefits, including lift pass and travel to/from the UK, and a competitive monthly salary.
To apply for this role please see the Application Page.