Ski Tech / Bar Person
We require our Ski Tech / Bar Person to have a welcoming attitude and a responsible manner. Attention to detail is crucial and a friendly, interested way with people is essential. You will need to have solid bar work experience, have an interest in ski and snowboarding equipment, be able to drive and to have at least 10 week’s skiing experience.
The two principal responsibilities of the Ski Tech / bar person are the management of the bar and the management of the ski room and the equipment therein. The bar work will comprise keeping the bar tidy, clean, and well stocked; running the bar in the evenings in a lively, friendly and enthusiastic manner and running the payment bar tab system. The Ski Tech aspect will involve you renting equipment to new guests, checking returned equipment, servicing the stock and keeping an organised, clean, tidy and cohesive ski room.
In addition you will be expected to go ski hosting a couple of times a week with guests and drive guests back from the slopes in the afternoon after skiing. It is likely you may also need to do some other driving as part of your role – occasionally to the airport but more likely around resort.
You can generally expect your average day to start around 3pm and run on into the evening. Late bar starts around 930pm and can run until 1am (although not every night). Changeover days (Mondays and Thursdays) are busier and may start earlier as you will need to be taking in and fitting skis for departing and arriving guests.
A full day off is taken midweek. You will receive a competitive monthly salary. Your accommodation will be a comfortable and spacious apartment close to the lodge and will be fully furnished and equipped.
In summary your job will include, but is not limited to:
- Running the bar with regard to stock take, cleanliness, tidiness and organisation
- Operating the after-dinner bar up to 5 nights a week, with a couple of early bar shifts on other days
- Being responsible for the ski room and all the stock and equipment therein. Keeping it clean, tidy and organised at all times
- Fitting guests with skis and boots on arrival in a helpful and friendly manner, ensuring all their needs are met and that their experience is a good one
- Ongoing upkeep of the skis, snowboards and equipment including waxing, checking for damage etc
- Ski hosting with another ski host up to 2 days a week
- Driving guests around resort – to and from the slopes when need be, also odd driving jobs when needed.
To apply for this role please see the Application Page.