Work For Us
If you would like to work for us next year read on to learn a bit more about us. For full details about Ski Weekender please see our dedicated short break Ski Weekender website.
A bit about us…
Ski Weekender from Karibuni is a well-established ski holiday company specialising in weekend and short break ski and snowboarding holidays, based in the French Alps. We currently run catered chalets in 2 resorts – La Clusaz/Le Grand Bornand and Samoens.
The stunning ski areas of La Clusaz and Grand Bornand offer over 220km of piste and are still quiet resorts largely unheard of by the Brits, meaning the skiing potential is enormous! All our guests love the resort and many come back to enjoy it year after year. The base for this area is the Aravis Lodge and its adjacent chalet which sleeps up to 45 people.
Samoens is our second resort where Chalet Caroline, sleeping up to 12, is our base. Samöens has been voted as one of the most beautiful villages in France. It is part of 5 linked ski resorts collectively known as the Grand Massif. There are 265km of pisted runs and an abundance of off-piste ranging from 800–2500m in altitude.
In both resorts we pride ourselves on our very high level of personal service and consequently have a high level of returning guests who love our ‘can do’ attitude as well as the skiing. The majority of our guests comment on the great service they have received whilst on holiday – confirming that our ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude is crucial to our customer service approach.
In order that this trend continues we are looking to recruit the very best in winter staff; our standards are very high, but we will offer you more than most companies in return.
All our staff need to be efficient, flexible and conscientious in their approach to work. To get the most out of a ski season you'll need to be prepared to work hard, be energetic and love working with people. The ski season is a fantastic way to spend the winter and although the hours can be demanding and long, your rewards include plenty of time on the mountain, meeting lots of new people; and our great benefits package. We will look after you extremely well and ensure you have a fun and memorable ski season.
The package we offer…
All our staff are offered a good benefits package, including: transport to/from resort at the beginning and end of the season; a room in a shared apartment (with communal area in which to relax - not a cramped studio sleeping 6 which some companies provide); all meals supplied whilst working; a season lift pass; ski and boarding equipment; ski travel insurance; discounted bar drinks and a competitive monthly salary plus end of season bonus and reward.
A bit about you…
In return we expect loyal, smiley, professional and cheerful staff; on hand to meet all the guest expectations at all times. To work for us you must be very hardworking, work well as part of a team, have some experience in the job you are applying for and be prepared to muck in when needed in all aspects of chalet life.
For 2013 / 14 Winter Season we recruited for the following roles:
- 2 x CHEFS – with significant catering experience and the flare and competence to cook a 3 course dinner for 45 each night as well as manage all the kitchen processes.
- 2 x CHALET HOUSEKEEPERS - Head Housekeeper and Assistant Housekeeper roles are both available, and are essential for maintaining our high standards of cleanliness throughout the chalet. Head housekeeper must have significant previous experience in this role.
- 4 x CHALET HOSTS / FRONT OF HOUSE staff to take lead responsibility for the dining room (the serving and clearing of all meals) and the hosting of the guests during their time in the lodge. Also some housekeeping assistance on changeover days.
- 3 x DRIVER / SKI HOSTS for duties including airport and local resort minibus transfers and ski hosting with some bar work on rotation.
- 1 x SKI TECH / BARMAN who will take responsibility for both the ski hire facility on site as well as managing the bar. There will also be some ski hosting on rotation.
If you are interested in applying for one of these roles for the 2013/14 season please click on the relevant role detailed above for further details.
If you are interested in applying for a role with us please click on our How to Apply page to submit your application.
If you have any questions about any of these roles please give us a call on 0845 557 5983 to discuss or email firstname.lastname@example.org.